It is the policy of this company is to promote the highest standards of health and safety to prevent Service Users, Employees and Visitors suffering accidents and ill health. We consider the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subordinate legislation (listed below) to be the very minimum standards applied to the service we provide.
Main Subordinate Legislation:
- Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- European Community Manual Loads Directive 1993
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Health and Safety First Aid Regulations 1981
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
- Control Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1994 (COSHH)
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1990
- The Control of Legionellae in Health Care Premises HS(G)70 1992
We believe that the management of health and safety is one of the most important management functions. We expect management and supervisory staff and all employees to carry out their duties in the full knowledge that the company considers that health and safety must take priority.
The Company have appointed The ELAS Group as having particular responsibility for the implementation of this policy and to whom reference should be made in the event of any difficulty arising in the implementation of this policy.
The management in consultation with employees will define annual objectives for health and safety, and performance will be measured against those objectives.
This Policy Statement for Health and Safety will be displayed prominently. The complete health and safety manual detailing the company, risk assessments and arrangements for implementing this general policy will also be available on the premises for reference by any employee or Service User.